I'm somewhere in the middle - I have a son in the eighth grade,but also another son who is married, in the Marines, with a six month old son himself. It's quite interesting, at least to me, to see so many people, with such varied backgrounds and at different points in their lives. The teens want to be older and get more respect, the 20-somethings are for the most part happy where they are in life, the mid-lifers want to be 20-somethings, and the seniors are happy to wake up and get through the day. (not all, just generalizing - not something I do often)
Aside from a bad decision now and again, I'm actually quite happy where my life has gotten me. I'd never be a teenager again, my twenties were awesome but I don't think I want to relive them, thirties were basically a blur for some reason (NOT drug or alcohol related), and now I'm in my forties. A wonderful wife of almost 20 years, two fantastic sons, a daughter-in-law, a grandson, fairly good health, and with any luck, a good job soon.
While it's human nature to wonder or even wish for things to be different or better, I prefer to believe that I'm exactly where I'm supposed to be. Perfect? nope. but perfect for me. It's great to set goals, aspire to better yourself, and want the most out of life. We should all do just that. Just don't second guess where you are right now. The past is over, and you did it right if you're reading this - you're still here. The future is going to happen, so don't wish to be older and wiser. You will be - and you'd simply be wasting a wish.
Live for the now, and make the most of it.
No comments:
Post a Comment