We have all had, or have television stars, movie stars, singers, or models that we become fans of. When I was a teen, the most you could hope for was to tape a poster on your wall, maybe send for an autograph, or join a fan club. With the Internet, we get the chance for much more. On the negative side of the spectrum, we can get bombarded with information, rumors, and arrest records. However, and the part I love, we also get to see the person. The human being who simply chose a very public occupation.
An attractive person will catch your eye. If there is talent, that will likely keep your attention. If the project is good, then you become a fan. At least that's the way it works with me. With Facebook, instagram, Twitter, and countless other outlets, we can actually get to know some of these people. Some more than others, but it's real. Not a role, or a song they sing. The person. And I love it. Not all celebs are interactive, or even handle their own accounts, but most are electronically approachable. I've built more than one friendship with TV personalities that would never have happened 20 years ago. In my opinion, that trumps a poster any day.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment